While the best talent knows that they have to do more
than “hang out a shingle” listing their talents or posting
their accomplishments on Linkedin to find a desirable
position. They are likely to find success in their
job hunt by hiring an executive agent.
Also different at the executive level are the attributes
that are highly prized. Jean Cummins listed many
of the attributes of successful executive candidates.
1. ethical behavior and expectations communicated in
thoughts, actions, and words
2. demonstrated business savvy (win wars not skirmishes)
3. intelligent bearing in many audiences
4. likeable and consistently persuasive and memorable
5. consistently accepts leadership responsibility and succeeds
6. energetic and proactive
Jean calls them by slightly different terms. The points
to note are that they are distinguished from just listing
accomplishments. They are appreciated as refinements
that make the accomplishments possible.
They are more than individual soft skills and wise skills and are
attributes to build toward. Those seeking executive positions
consider reviewing our shortened list and Jean’s longer list
of adjectives and incorporate them in their personal
descriptions and assessments.