Next week April 24 Northeastern YCC (Career
Fair link) of ACS will conduct a career fair.
Sure, I am presenting there. That is not the
main reason for mentioning it in the blog.
I will comment on my planning for it
inside the comments package.
The reason for mentioning it is to point out a
terrific note on preparing for job fairs in the
Washington Post.by Susan Kreimer.
1. know who will be there
2. select the firms you wish to visit
LOOK ON YCC WEBPAGE FOR COMPANY
3. search what they have done recently
4. look at their web page and determine if you fit an opening
5. gear your resume to match the need
6. prepare a cover letter that assists the representative at the fair
7. prepare a “30 second pitch” what you are seeking
8. appearance matters, look sharp
9. look for opportunities to be noticed
START AT THE FAR END WORK TO THE
FRONT; LOCATE YOUR TARGET COMPANIES
10. bring business cards
11. use it as a networking opportunity
Comments that follow:
Sign up for a resume review
My workshop presentation preparations