A rule of thumb for job hunters is that chances
of locating “hidden positions” is better when a
person is employed. There are several professional
ways of handling this risk-ladened activity that
many need to take.
Erin Burt talks about items related to
- sharing your personal goals with current boss
- consider NOT job seeking from your office,
giving your office number (give your personal
cell number) or work email for contact.
- beware of where you post your resume and
the references you provide.
These and other things beg the question of how
one networks and how one interacts with their
boss. It points out the personal commitment one
needs to consider to
- serving your customers (the very broad reach of
communication in the digital age),
- network (consider social networking, volunteering
in professional society activities, professional
partnerships and mentoring) and
- boss (having her goals as aspects of