You realize that a larger fraction of your communication
are the nonverbal signals. They are noticed more than
the words we use and ideas we express.
1. Posture- stand tall lifting your solar plexus so that
breathing is fuller and easier and head straight with ears
over the shoulder. This demonstrates and aids your confidence.
2. Open stance- avoid closed stance, with head down or
your body shrinking in your space. However, respect
others’ personal space.
3. Nervous tics- Have a mentor help you by noticing your
nervous tics. Everyone has them. Then, replace them with
a subtle outlet. Hold a folder, hold a pen, pointer; avoid
hands in pockets and giggling coins.
4. Eye contact (especially in US, Canada and most of
Europe)- engage your eye brows to aid your expression.
5. Slow your movements down– hands, pointing, listening